How To Break In A Blade
The key is to maintain the proper band speed and adjust the feed rate down.
1. Select the normal band speed
2. Reduce the feed force/rate to achieve a cutting rate 20% to 50%
of normal (soft materials require a larger feed rate reduction than harder metals).
3. Begin the first cut at the reduced rate. Make sure the teeth are forming a chip.
Small adjustments to the band speed may be made in the event of excessive noise/vibration.
4. During the first cut, increase feed rate/force slightly once the blade
fully enters the workpiece.
5. With each following cut, gradually increase feed rate/force
until normal cutting rate is reached.