Terms and Conditions
Last Updated 2017Credit Terms
- Approval of Buyer’s credit is required prior to any shipment. If the Buyer’s credit is unsatisfactory to JIS, Division of Jergens, Inc., at any time for any reason, JIS reserves the right to suspend further deliveries or to require payment in advance.
- All accounts will be reviewed on a regular basis and the credit limit and terms may be adjusted based on your past activity.
- All payment terms are from the date of invoice generation
- All accounts past 60 days due will be placed on hold.
- Freight is FOB shipping point. JIS ships UPS ground prepay and add unless otherwise instructed.
- JIS terms are net 30 days.
- All orders are subject to acceptance by JIS. JIS reserves the right to accept or reject any order.
- Invoices are payable in U.S. dollars only.
- JIS reserves the right, in addition to any other remedy available to it, to impose a late or finance charge up to the amount permitted by law, on any unpaid past-due balance. In addition, if it becomes necessary to place the Buyer’s account with an attorney or other agents for collection, the Buyer shall be responsible for all costs & expenses including reasonable attorney or collection fees, incurred by JIS.
- JIS will confirm price and quantity with an order acknowledgement. If the pricing on your PO is incorrect we will adjust it and send you a copy of the price adjustment.
Returned Goods Policy
- The customer has 30 days from the date the order was shipped to return products.
- All returns must have prior authorization and may be subject to a minimum 15% restock charge.
- Credit for a return transaction will be processed upon successful receipt and inspection of the authorized return by JIS. This return must be received by JIS within 30 days of issuing a RMA (Return Material Authorization) # & shipping instructions.
- All returns should be sent back freight prepaid, unless JIS, Division of Jergens, Inc. has erred in which case we will provide you with our UPS account number.
- After inspection of returned goods a credit memo will be issued. JIS does accept debit memos.
- Stock Items –Cancellation of orders for stock items will be accepted without charge provided the goods have not been shipped. For items already shipped, please refer to our Returned Goods Policy.
- Non Stock Items –Cancellation of orders for non-stock items will be accepted without charge provided the order has not reached the manufacturing process. Orders that are in process will be subject to a minimum 50% cancellation charge of the net value upon cancellation.
Price Protection Policy
- It is JIS' goal to provide adequate notice, but we withhold the right to change prices and terms without notice.
- Unless otherwise stated at the time price revisions are announced, all orders which permit shipment when ready will be invoiced at the prices in effect at the time the order is received by JIS. Also unless otherwise stated at the time of order, orders specifying future release dates will be invoiced at prices in effect on the date of shipment.
- Special orders cannot be cancelled or returned.
- Specials are subject to 10% over/under shipments, FOB shipping point unless otherwise noted.
- All prices will be quoted net.
- There is no minimum order value or release value for stock items.
- Please refer to the “Blanket Order Agreement” for additional terms and conditions for blanket order transactions.
The only warranties applying to materials sold are those, specifically provided by the manufacturer. Any warranty claim will need to be honored by the manufacturer. As the seller/distributor of the product, we make no warranties, of performance, merchantability, quality, durability, suitability of any items. We will work with the purchaser of said item to repair or replace any defective parts or refund the purchase price. This warranty is exclusive and in lieu of any and all other warranties, whether written or oral, expressed or implied. In no event shall JIS, Division of Jergens, Inc., be liable for any incidental, special, indirect, punitive or consequential damages, however caused and on any theory of liability, arising out of the purchase of an good or services from JIS.
JIS works extremely hard to minimize typographical errors, however any error that does occur are subject to correction. When an error is identified the customer will be notified of the error and what was corrected.